Sunday 19 April 2015

SOTW (for exam time!) : Same Jeans ~ The View

Hello y'all-

So when you look in the mirror
Reflecting back at you someone that you don't know...
Life sometimes makes your head spin around
So get yourself together
Get your feet back on the ground...


Song of the Week ~ Same Jeans by the View

It's almost May. Exams are fast approaching. One by one, we're beginning to fall apart, resulting in each of us respectively experiencing the annual 'complete mental breakdown'. Mentally- it's fair to say we're feeling considerably less stable than usual.

If this sounds somehow relevant to you- this is the song for you.

Days upon days of revision often mean wearing the same clothes. I've been wearing the same pair of leggings for about 3 days. I would very much like like to hit the disco in the middle of town- and I probably would if there was a disco near me...I am the master procrastinator.

This song makes your life falling apart seem so much more positive- because in the end, all you can do is pick yourself back up and stabilise yourself, and then push on.

A great chord progression, fitting guitar tone and timbre. This song really does have an ongoing, limitless feel that seems to fit the lyrics perfectly. I can hardly believe it's three and a half minutes long because it feels like so much more (and in a good way.)

The View have been around a little while now, in their tenth year. Originating from Scotland, their biggest hit is arguably 'Same Jeans', which reached number 3 in the UK charts in 2007. Their most recent single is 'Marriage', released in March.

The View are at Isle of Wight festival this year, and I promise to view (ha) and review (ha) the gig, with some luck. I'll also try to get a bit on camera. Whilst they play this song though, I'll probably be in an extremely happy place beyond anything or any limits.

Listen to the song here:


On Spotify here.
And no Soundcloud link this week...unfortunately there is no sign of it on there (apart from covers of it.)

'My mind's not perfect but it's sincere.'

I'm going to go change my leggings.
Have a good week!

-Ella



No comments:

Post a Comment